- Views 940
KOHIMA, Jul 7: Deputy Commissioner Kohima Rajesh Soundararajan, IAS has informed that in view of the random and rampant construction works happening in and around Kohima town causing numerous problems to the general public such as blocking of drainages, encroachments on roads and footpaths and non-adherence to disaster management guidelines amongst others, there is a need to urgently regulate these construction works.
Therefore, in order to put a check on such uncontrolled constructions and to stop dumping of earth and waste materials on the roads, footpaths and drainages within file jurisdiction of Kohima Municipality: all concerned have been informed to hereupon mandatorily obtain permit from the Kohima Municipal Council for construction of new buildings and renovation and extension of existing buildings. Failure to adhere to this order shall invite necessary punitive actions against the defaulters as per provisions of the Law.
Furthermore, the Administrator, Kohima Municipal Council is directed to implement the following provisions and other relevant rules of the Nagaland Municipal Act, 2001 to put into effect this order:
- Rule 264-Building etc not to be erected or constructed without permission.
- Rule 278- Cleaning of streets and removal of solid waste
- Rule 287- Removal of solid waste accumulation on non-residential premises
- Rule 288- Prohibition against accumulation of rubbish.
- Rule 470- Punishment for certain offences in contravention to any provision of the Nagaland Municipal Act, 2001
- Rule 471- Fine which may extend to Rs. 2000/-.
The Order also added that the permission for construction of new buildings may be issued only after verification of patta issued by the Deputy Commissioner, Kohima. This order comes into immediate effect.