- Views 98925
By Oken Jeet Sandham
HOW TO ORGANIZE BANDHS /AGITATIONS /STRIKES AGAINST THE GOVERNMENTS OR GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS DEMANDING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES FACING PUBLIC, CITIZENS…
In every form of Governments including one party-rule Government like Chinese one, people can organize a series of agitations /bandhs /strikes against their Governments or concerned authorities if they fail to perform as expected…
WHEN, HOW AND FOR WHAT REASONS PEOPLE CAN ORGANIZE BANDHS/AGITATIONS/STRIKES:-
- When Government employees do not get their salaries on time particularly for many months.
- When Government fails to solve unemployment issues.
- When Government fails to check/contain the rising corruptions in offices or particular office.
- When Government fails to construct roads, supply power, supply drinking water, provide health care, provide educations, and provide educational institutions.
- When people in power abuse power.
- When people in power indulge in crimes.
- When law enforcement agencies commit excesses to citizens.
- In fact, when the Government fails to perform its duties.
- The list can go on.
IN SUCH SITUATIONS, PEOPLE CAN GO FOR AGITATIONS /BANDHS /STRIKES:
- Before planning any agitations for any issues which the Government fails to address, some preliminary exercises should be done:-
- There should be a body/committee – be it local club or student union or civil society body or any group – formed largely for the benefit and welfare of the people.
- They should discuss threadbare the failures and anomalies of the concerned Ministry/Ministries/Government affecting people /citizens /students /employees /….
- They should come to such a stage whether the issues facing the publics warrant them to initiate steps and if found, they should lodge a formal complaint with the concerned department/ministry under which some anomalies occur.
- List out details of anomalies occurred in the representation/letter/complaint and with a request, urge the head of the department/ministry to address them at the earliest for the larger interest of the concerned people/citizens, etc.
- Have a Plan-B if the authorities fail to address the issues.
- If they fail to address the issues, you can send reminder with some extra assertive words that the concerned or aggrieved sections of people become restless because of their failures, and further urge them to take the matter seriously and address it.
- If they fail still to address the issues, you send a strong representation /complaint /letter that the matter should be addressed within a stipulated time. A warning could be mentioned but with dignity that if they fail to still address within that stipulated time, then they will have no option but to organize bandh/agitation/strike as a form of protest to see that the authorities act to address.
- In the meantime, the Body/Club/Union/Committee should remain calm and prepared if the authority invites their representatives for dialogue to resolve the issues.
- If the talks fail to come to solution, the Body /Club /Union /Committee can now go for agitation /bandh /strike against the concerned authorities /Ministries, etc.
- All these methods – agitation /bandh /strike against the concerned authorities/Ministries – are acceptable within framework of the Constitution and they are the fundamental rights of the people.
- We should not forget that all these groups should act as pressure groups for the benefit of the citizens.