- Views 1328
KOHIMA, Jun 16: The Election Commission of India has recently launched the National Electoral Roll Purification (NERP) program, 2016 on 1st March 2016 with the main objective being, to improve the health of the Electoral Rolls (ER), rationalizing the Polling Stations (PSs) boundaries and locations and providing Basic Minimum Facilities (BMFs) therein. The NERP, 2016 will also include enrolment of all eligible citizens and removal of repeated and multiple entries; entries of dead, shifted & absent voters, correction of errors in EPIC and removal of other data errors. During this drive, repeat images will also be corrected, missing photographs will be collected; poor quality of images will be replaced by good quality photographs. This intensive drive is to be completed on or before 31st August, 2016
Also the Election Commission has directed the Election Department to identify the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) for registering their names in Electoral Roll with the help of Social Welfare Department and the NGOs working for the welfare of persons with disabilities so that the Department shall provide various facilities on the day of poll in the polling station.
In this regard, a meeting will be convened on 17th June 2016 in the office chamber of the Chief Electoral Officer, Nagaland at 2.30 pm to discuss on issues cited above in order to achieve the goals with the representatives of the following organizations namely:-
- President, Nagaland Voluntary Consumers’ Organization (NVCO).
- President, Cherry Blossom Society, PB-658, Near CRPF camp Lierie Chazou, Kohima 797001.
- President, Nagaland Parents’ Association for the Disabled Kohima
- President, Yanke Multipurpose Welfare Society, Wokha
- President, Prodigals Home Director, K.Ela, NSCB Building complex P/B.-148, Dimapur-797112
- President, Senior Citizens’ Forum.
- Wedieu Kronu, President, Nagaland Public Rights Awareness and Action Forum (NPRAAF).
All the members are, therefore, requested to cooperate and attend the meeting and give input positively in ensuring the achievement of the goals. This should be treated as official communication.