- Views 2975
KOHIMA, Feb 10: Minister for School Education and SCERT, Yitachu inaugurated the State Institute of Education Management and Training (SIEMAT) building on 10th February 2016 at Conference Hall, SIEMAT, SCERT, Kohima.
Speaking at the inaugural function, the chief guest said that the infrastructure has been built and the teachers are the ones to bring changes in the lives of young generation to transform and shape the student’s future. Adding that education has to be focused on students to achieve greater heights in the state, he urged the teachers to render their services and attention to reach out to the schools in the remotest and difficult sectors in the rural areas. He also congratulated the SCERT for taking initiatives and coordination for building up quality infrastructure.
While delivering the keynote address, Director SCERT, Vipralhou Kesiezie said the official inauguration of SIEMAT and the first orientation programme for the Headmasters would be launched next month (March). He also disclosed the following important objectives of SIEMAT, Nagaland as follows :
- To plan, organize and sponsor programme for training of educational planners and managers.
- To strengthen the managerial skills of educational administrators.
- To monitor and supervise the educational institutions relating to educational planning and management.
- To emerge as the state level resource centre for disseminating good practices.
- To collaborate with national institutions to strengthen capacity building at the state level.
- To facilitate and encourage in undertaking research studies particularly action research.
Commissioner & Secretary SCERT and DSE, F.P. Solo speaking as the guest of honour said the SCERT has a greater role to develop the soft skills of teachers and bring about quality education in the State with the availability of talents, expertise, experience and commitment. He also expressed his confidence that SCERT will deliver the goods and fulfill its mission.
Short speeches were also delivered by Director School Education, Senthang and Mission Director SSA, Nagaland, Thejawelie Gregory. The programme was chaired by Director SCERT, Vipralhou while special number was presented by Mishenti. The vote of thanks was proposed by Joint Director, SCERT, Mego Iralu.