- Views 4639
KOHIMA, Feb 8 (NEPS): Three organizations of Sangtam tribe, United Sangtam Likhum Pumji (USLP), United Sangtam Students Conference (USSC) and Akehda Sangtamlaru Thsingmujang (AST), have submitted a 6-Point Ultimatum to the State Government on Monday in connection with the killing of Alemba Sangtam and his wife Naro by unidentified gunmen on the night of February 6 at Mongshike Project Area, Rurrur Village, under Shamator Sub-division.
The six-point Charter of demands is:
- The culprits involved in killing the Duo be arrested and befitting punishment be awarded as per the law.
- Special Ex-gratia of (Rs) 5 lakhs each and Job replacement (of grade III) be appointed immediately against the lost parents’ Jobs under their respective departments to sustain their survived family members.
- To set up an Inquiry committee immediately headed by an IAS officer/Retired Justice to ascertain the case as to why/how and who is/are responsible for the incident/ambush. The spot officers of Shamator Sub-Division be excluded in an inquiry committee and they must be kept under scan and thoroughly interrogated.
- All mobile numbers under Shamator Sub-Division be tapped and kept under scan from 6th of February, 2016 and also during the period of fact-finding investigation.
- All the Council Members and GBs of Rurrur Village be held responsible for the incident as it happened within their jurisdiction.
- If any so-called Tribal Armies/Soldiers or under any nomenclature which may be functioning must be barred by the Government to the extent of arresting all the members. Thus, we demand an intensive search operation as they are extremely vulnerable, to use law in their own hands, as a result, may cause loss of lives and properties.
The three bodies further stated that the above six-point charter of demands to be fulfilled in letter and spirit without delay and hesitation for justice and peaceful co-existence within seven days.