- Views 1405
The Government of Nagaland has constituted a Wildlife Crime Control Unit under Forest Department consisting of the following members :-
- CWLW -Chairman
- Conservator of Forests, Wildlife and Biodiversity Dimapur – Member Secretary
- Wildlife Warden, Kiphire -Member
- Wildlife Warden, Dimapur – Member
The above Unit shall function under the Administrative control of CWLW, and is empowered with the followings functions:
- Collect and collate intelligence related to wildlife crime activities; and to disseminated the same to field units for enforcement action.
- Establish wildlife crime databank
- Prevent, investigate and prosecute organized wildlife crime cases having wider ramifications.
- Act as Nodal Point for Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, Ministry of Environment, Forests and climate Change, Government of India, on wildlife crime related issues.
- Coordinate inter-agency wildlife crime enforcement actions in the State
6) Advice the Slate government on issues relating to wildlife crime and related laws.